UpGuard- Forward Deployed Engineer
We are on a mission to bring trust to technology. It's an exciting time to work at UpGuard. Our customers are in the middle of digitally transforming their businesses and they need our help. UpGuard is at the front lines of solving enterprise-scale IT operations and development problems. Our product scans and tracks reams of server and device configurations within any enterprise. Their administrators can then do powerful things with that data—visualize and pinpoint inconsistencies and vulnerabilities, create policies to standardize a configuration, or even create automation scripts based on running machines to replicate and scale their infrastructure. Demand is going through the roof, and we're in search of a Engineers to bolster our ranks.
We're fast paced, motivated and have a lot of fun together. Thousands of companies use our platform to get visibility into complex IT systems and infrastructures, enabling teams to develop software faster, identify risk, confirm compliance, and ultimately, make business safer. We take pride in the product we provide and the users whose lives have been changed for the better. Our company culture is important to us. The work we do couldn't happen without happy and fulfilled teammates.
We are actively seeking to hire a Forward Deployed Engineer to focus on getting customers successfully installed and deployed. A solid background in IT Operations (systems administration) is a must, as well as a basic/working knowledge of scripting and making API calls. Our approach is to deploy whatever technology is best to solve the problem at hand. If you want to work at a place where your natural curiosity is embraced UpGuard might just be the place for you. Join us!
Recently, we've worked with:
- AngularJS, Ruby on Rails, C#, Golang, Python, and PowerShell
- AWS Azure, DigitalOcean, and Google Cloud Compute
- Windows Server 2003 and up, and many flavors of Linux including RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, SUSE, CoreOS, and more
- Network devices such as routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, and WAFs
In addition to technical skill, you'll need:
- Impeccable written and verbal English
- Strong interpersonal skills, not only internally with the team but with customers and end users
- Strong collaborative and communication skills are required.
- A demonstrated history (GitHub/portfolio/résumé) of collaboration on projects or products utilizing one or more of the technologies we use Golang, JS, Angular)
- The ability to work closely with other engineers in a DevOps environment
If we think you're right for us (and if we are right for you, too) we'll be in contact within a week. Be sure to include links to your work (GitHub/personal website/portfolio) so we have something to admire.
We cover 100% of benefits for you and your family
Stocked breakroom + free lunches
Team events + Happy Hours
Walking distance to Caltrain and Light Rail
Finest gadgets and equipment